Prototype Vehicle Assembly Engineer - 34793 - up to £21.09/hr - P3O, Whitley.
A Prototype Vehicle Assembly Engineer is required to work for a leading automotive OEM based in Whitley.
The Prototype Vehicle Assembly Team are responsible for the build, commissioning and sign off of X1 & M1 prototypes which demonstrate the required vehicle attributes whilst being reliable and fit for purpose.
This enables vehicle and rig testing to be conducted during the vehicle development programmes. The tasks vary from engineering and building 1 off prototypes to creating and managing the assembly and commissioning processes for builds of up to 100 vehicles.
This is a key role within Prototype Operations ensuring that prototype vehicles are built to the prescribed timing and correct quality levels.
3 KEY SKILLS
- PC Literate in MS package
- Good communication skills / Tenacious / Self motivated & driven
- Well organised and methodical
- Experienced in of a vehicle the day to day progress of a vehicle build and ensuring that it stays on track. Target is to move a car to the next zone every day
- Managing the day to day activities of a team of vehicle fitters.
- Challenge fitters to ensure they are kept busy
- Providing technical guidance to vehicle fitters to overcome issues and ensure quality.
- Significant experience in the assembly of prototype vehicles and all vehicle subsystems.
- Problem identification, containment and resolution. Parts chasing
In return for your experience we can offer:
- Long term contract initially until March 2019 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
For more information and to apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.