Prototype Lead Build Planner - 35763 - up to £25.45/hr - Special Vehicle Operations
This role requires strong leadership skills and involves governance & co-ordination with Programme Teams, Vehicle Engineering, MP&L, CoC's, Finance and NMP to ensure robust planning and delivery of X1 and M1 prototype vehicles.
The successful applicant will benefit from huge exposure to the wider business whilst being responsible for project-managing early prototype work into build.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Leading the Prototype Planning for a specific platform / product line.
- Manage vehicle specifications with Programme & VE teams to minimize complexity and cost.
- Create and manage BOM for individual Programmes in line with current agreed milestones ensuring strict adherence to timing throughout the process.
- Own BOM change to ensure build robustness.
- Represent Prototype Build in senior forums, PST, TPAT, etc
- Chair weekly build meetings and drive programmes through planning phase, reporting weekly status.
- Provide Programme definition, status and direction to other functions/stake holders within Prototype Operations.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating PVO workload plan recommending and communicating all changes effectively.
- Responsible for ongoing development and enhancement of the Prototype Planning processes
3 Key Skills Required:
- Proven build planning experience
- Full UK Driving Licence
- High level of computer literacy
- Excellent knowledge of the product life cycle, product design and delivery processes.
- Project / programme management experience.
- Hold a full UK driving license - willingness to travel when required is essential.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.