Automotive UX Prototype Developer
Competetive rates £ (Hourly)
End of assignment: 6 Months (to start with)
An exciting oppotunity to work in a World Famous Swedish Vehicle OEM to develop the user interface accross all vehicles ranges.
In this role you will be part of the CEVT UX team, developing interaction design and user experience for CEVT´s Infotainment system including all in-vehicle screens as well as other areas users interact with, such as steering wheel switches, floor console, mobile app and accessory products. I.e. This role requires a sense of both hardware and software prototyping.
You will be a part of our UX prototype development team. In the UX team we allow all team members plenty of freedom. In return we expect that each team member takes on responsibility for our product development. In the UX team we strive to focus on our team members, giving them prerequisites to develop the best possible experience for our users in a complex environment. Every team member is equally responsible for the final delivery to the project. This requires a high level of cooperation and team work.
You will work in close cooperation with UX designers, UI designers, component owners and function owners. You will be part of a global development team with resources in both Sweden and China.
* Professional education in UX, HMI, graphics design or similar.
* >3 years' experience of UX design, preferably within embedded system development.
* Experience of GUI development and prototyping is an advantage.
* Experience within automotive is an advantage.
* Relevant working experience within UX and HMI areas and/or front-end programming.
* Driver´s license B is required.
Duties and responsibilities
* Visualize the UX concepts in such a way that they can be evaluated
* Committing to the work packages that has been agreed with PO and flag when risk is found.
* Using the Agile way of working to work in the team
* Having a cross-functional mind-set ensuring that the correct quality in the right time is delivered.
* Apart of the planning and estimation of the work that is being presented by the PO
* Handling input and output towards external stakeholders such as function owners, managers and suppliers.
* Being part of the recurring meetings connected to the work process for the team.
* Actively understanding and giving input from a development/prototype perspective.
* Handling continuous improvements of the WoW for the team.
Software and IT:
* Knowledge of SW development is a requirement.
* Knowledge of QML is a requirement.
* Knowledge of Android development is an advantage
* Knowledge of HW prototyping is an advantage.
* Knowledge of 3D printing is an advantage
* Knowledge of automotive is an advantage.
* Knowledge of basic electrical skills is an advantage.
* Knowledge of Arduino is an advantage
* Interested in User Experience is an advantage.
* Experience of agile way of working is an advantage
* Drivers´ license B is a requirement
* Strong sense of teamwork
* Ability to drive, motivate and convince
* Persistency to pursue targets and take decisions
* Creativity, curiosity and a "can-do" attitude
* "Get things done" attitude
* Lack of prestige
Travel to Asia may be needed (approx. 2-3 per year)
Each individual in our team has a high level of responsibility and mandate, and is expected to be able to work autonomously.
If you are looking for an exciting role in a country well known for it's quality of life, and want to make a mark on a well-known brand, then send tour CV or call +44 (0)1384 446145