£36k - 42k per year
10 months ago
My client is looking for a new Proposals Engineer to join their successful business. My client is a leading mechanical and plant engineering firm with outstanding expertise in the fields of automation and digitization. This position is suitable for candidates who are experienced in reviewing customer enquiries and discussing solutions in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Looking for candidates who have a willingness to develop and increase their personal knowledge and experience.
The role of Proposals Engineer will include the following:
- Determine proposal priority in conjunction with sales/management team
- Plan resources required and communicate to management team
- Review customer specification
- Obtain accurate quotations from suppliers selected in conjunction with purchasing
- Produce cost estimate using appropriate format, including internal effort plan, expenses, site set-up and external costs
- Produce tender specification / quotation using standard company format
- Be responsible for project managing a proposal, or to be part of a proposal team as appointed.
The suitable candidate for Proposals Engineer will need to possess the following competences:
- Experience in automated controls systems, PLC’s and automated equipment.
- Computer literacy - knowledge of Microsoft PC applications (Word, Excel, Project, Powerpoint, Visio)
- Ability to prioritise work load
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Technical knowledge of relevant company products / systems
- Have both commercial and financial awareness
- Ability to understand customer requirements and specifications
- Relevant qualification in an engineering discipline or equivalent level of industry experience.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of producing technical and accurate proposals and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Proposals Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.