We are looking for an experienced Applications / Proposals Engineer to join my client based in Sheffield. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leading Control, Automation and Safety Systems Integrator with over 20 years engineering competence in the local area. The role overview includes:
- Manage and record all incoming enquiries and ensure that all quotations are prepared in a professional and timely manner to meet customer's requirements
- Become the link between the customers and our Engineering Team
- Ensure all enquiries are vetted before being formally quoted
- Coordinate technical and pricing information with other departments to facilitate preparation of the proposal documents and cost estimate
- Ensure all proposals are reviewed for technical and commercial content prior to being issued
- Track and record the progress of proposals after they have been issued, responding to and technical and commercial clarification requirements
- Review all orders received to ensure they agree with the quotations and are handed over to the Operations team in a timely manner.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Sales, Engineering and Operations functions to secure existing and new business
- Ensure that incoming enquiries are responded to promptly and in line with the business requirements for technical compliance, commercial contribution, competitive pricing and commercial terms and conditions
- Maintain and support client and supplier relationships through personal contact and level of service to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved
- Visit customer sites when required, to survey the plant, process and requirements. It is not currently envisaged that this will require overseas travel, nor extended duration stays away from home
- Where necessary liaise with suppliers to ensure manufacturing, quality, delivery and price are in line with the requirements of the enquiry deadlines
- Control and co-ordinate the preparation of Proposal Documents in accordance with the proposal strategy, using Company standard tools and format for presentation
- Co-ordinate the inputs from engineering by discussion and documentation to ensure the technical content reflects the requirements of the Customer Enquiry
- Coordinate the inputs from engineering in the calculation of resourcing and supply costs
- Report and discuss on a regular basis with the Sales Director the progress, problems and proposed resolutions with a view to facilitating a successful proposal.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong engineering background with a technical knowledge of Control, Automation and Safety Systems applications, equipment and terminology
- Commercial awareness and the ability to build and support cost estimates
- Ability to interpret customers' requirements from engineering drawings and design specification documents
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.