Proposals Engineer - Central Birmingham - Manufacturing - £30,000 to £35,000 + bonus
As the Proposals Engineer for this family business with a global supply capability, this role has significant opportunity. The business is now situated in a new manufacturing and assembly facility just outside the city centre. It produces specialist material handling equipment and systems from a basis of machining, pressings and assembly operations.
This position is suitable for candidates who are experienced in reviewing customer enquiries and discussing solutions in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
As a Proposals Engineer you will be required to:
- Accurately and efficiently process enquiries.
- Accurately and efficiently process orders in a timely manner, ensure they are progressed from time of entry on the system to the product being delivered.
- Liaise internally with the CAD Design Engineer.
- Be commercially aware and focused with business development, account management and relationship building.
- Candidates need to understand distribution markets.
- Candidates must be capable of presenting technical products to a range of customer groups.
The Proposals Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Communicate at a technical level to all stakeholders
- Present proposals confidently
- Identify and discuss in detail customer requirements
- Have proven project management capability and demonstrable entrepreneurial skills
- Select most appropriate products which match the specific requirement of the customer
- Overcome objections and win business
- Be commercially aware and focused with business development, account management and relationship building
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge and experience of sales and manufacturing and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Proposals Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.