Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
Up to £28000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
Job Title: Proposal Engineer
Salary: Negotiable Dependant on Experience
We are currently recruiting for a Proposal Engineer for our client based in Stoke-on-Trent, the role will be working as part of their proposals team, responsible for submission of proposals, quotations, which are both technically and commercially compliant with client's specifications.
- Timely preparation of detailed engineering proposals for the complete range of products and services within the flow division.
- Accurately interpret client's technical specifications and produce a compliant technical proposal, offering more suitable alternatives where appropriate.
- Accurately interpret client's commercial requirements and ensure any commercial or contractual risks to the company are identified and mitigated.
- Ensure proposal tender costing and estimating is in line with company's agreed strategies on sales.
- Act as a single point of contact for client and undertaking a negotiating role when preparing costed proposals.
- Work directly with customers to understand their processes and develop the best solutions for their requirements.
- Work with sales team to professionally represent the company, and to develop and provide cost effective solutions.
- Undertake regular cost analysis and estimating.
- Liaise with internal stakeholder in collating accurate data for the handover of the order/contract to projects department.
- The above list of responsibilities for the role of Proposal Engineer is not exhaustive and therefore you will be expected to carry out further duties as may be consistent with the role of Proposal Engineer or as may be reasonably instructed by the company.
Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively to all levels both within and outside the company. With strong emphasis on being able to effectively communicate proposals information.
- Strong customer focus on both internal and external customers.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Good self -discipline and an ability to meet demanding schedule requirements whilst maintaining high quality of work.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Self-tasking and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy in written works.
- Structured approach to work and the ability to set and work to agreed timescales.
- Highly organised, excellent problem solver, strong attention to detail and ability to prioritise and multi task.
- Ability to travel and meet customers to discuss their specific requirements.
Qualification and Experience:
- HNC, HND in mechanical engineering preferred, or equivalent experience in a practical engineering role.
- Previous experience gained within a combined engineering and sales role.
- Strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Familiarity with commercial and sales review processes
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.