As a Project Support Engineer within Special Vehicle Operations (SO) Division you will be responsible for a variety of technically biased tasks, working to support engineers and managers. You will need to work with personnel from other departments and functions, and possibly with external companies.
The platform engineering team works with the engineering teams to ensure that key deliverables are met to quality and time. The Platform team is involved from Pre Programme Start through to Mass Production. As a Project Support Engineer you will be an essential part of this, supporting the day to day activity of the platform team as well as supporting key programmes.
- Knowledge of general engineering principles relevant to the design, development, testing and manufacture of technically engineered products.
- MS Office and PC literate
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to negotiate with other functions to achieve mutually beneficial solutions.
- Knowledge of the design and development of new automotive products.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, particularly tooling methods and lead-times.
- Knowledge of materials used in modern vehicles (e.g. plastics, metals, composites and paint).
It is anticipated candidates with be educated to Degree Level in a relevant engineering or science based subject, or HNC/ HND with significant experience.