Project Quality Manager - Hampshire
We are looking for a detailed Project Quality Manager who will take a proactive approach in the development and implementation of quality assurance to meet business, customer and regulatory needs. This role is for a world leading Aerospace and Avionics supplier for their Fareham facility that designs and manufactures aircraft sensors, displays and systems across three product groups: flight deck avionics, data acquisition systems and life support.
- Develop and handle all external QA interfaces within Engineering.
- Ensure engineering processes are measured for efficiency and effectiveness
- Auditing projects lifecycles to ensure compliance with plans processes.
- Ensuring customer requirements, design review criteria, and transition criteria are satisfied. [Systems, Software, Hardware, Mechanical Design and Development activities / NPI].
- Ensure the design life cycle data produced complies with the approved plans.
- Detect, manage, and agree deviations to the design process ensuring a consistent approach within the team
- Establish, monitor, and develop customer / supplier QA relationships.
- Ensure design and development sub-contractors perform to contract and are compliant with plans.
- Lead and facilitate continuous improvement activities, internal and external.
Essential skills and competencies required:
- Software quality experience (Supplying quality techniques in a software environment)
- Ability to Lead Software quality projects
- Experience of Process mapping and NPI processes experience.
- Experience of facilitating meetings with customers and suppliers
- Experience of quality management system process audits throughout an engineering organisation for products Life-Cycle
- Able to carry out product and source acceptance tests both on-site or as part of an offsite working party
- Quality team management experience
- Internal and external quality auditing experience
- Aerospace Systems or other Safety critical industry experience
- An understanding of APQP, PPAP, FMEA and SPC
- Experience of Lean Manufacturing / 6 Sigma experience (to Green or Yellow belt level)
- Knowledge of advanced problem solving tools, such as design of experiments, analysis of variance
- Experience of Value Stream Mapping
- Salary Negotiable dependent on experience plus benefits.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send a brief copy of your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on 01384446192.