- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Health & safety
- Contact: Justin Wainwright
- Contact Email: Justin.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01268 889267
- Expiry Date: 13 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59779
Quality Environmental Health and Safety Assistant/Engineer
To £24,000 to £30,000 p.a. plus benefits
A Quality Environmental Health and Safety Assistant is required to support projects by using and following internal processes such as performing formal reviews, supporting with reviewing and preparing project documentation such as; project manuals, configuration manuals, configuration plans, project and process performance reports, coordinating internal training, risk assessments, investigations, milestone reviews and Q-Gate. You will also be required to monitor the use of processes in projects (including KPI's) and auditing projects and processes to internal processes and certificated regulatory requirements.
Due to increased workloads this company, the world's largest independent business for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains, requires a Quality Environmental Health and Safety Assistant/Engineer. Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring of the use of the process in projects.
- Auditing of projects for accordance with AVL processes.
- Support of projects during set up, execution and ramp down.
- Assisting project managers.
- On the job coaching of engineers regarding development process and measurements for quality assurance.
- Training of methods and procedures to be applied during projects.
- Assurance of use of relevant standards & processes throughout the project life cycle.
- Monitoring and reporting of relevant quality and environmental measures of the projects.
- Coordination and communication of 'lessons learnt' within organisation.
- Support preparation of external audits.
- Preparation and conduction of product & services delivery assessments for projects.
- Improvement of existing methods and development of new methods.
- Various Administration duties including project milestone reviews, quality gate reviews and risk assessment registers.
The Quality Environmental Health and Safety Assistant/Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Ideally Degree qualified in Engineering.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Flexible, dynamic and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Structured approach to problem solving.
- Able to articulate requirements clearly and concisely.
- Capable of working independently.
- Preferable: Some knowledge of Project Management, SharePoint administration and an understanding of ISO standards (e.g. ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO27001, ISO45001).
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience in Quality Environmental Health and Safety and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.