about 2 years ago
Job Title: Project Planning Control Analyst
Location: Wimborne, Dorset
A Project Planning Control Analyst is required to join a leading aerospace and defence organisation based in Dorset.
The Project Planning Control Analyst will reports to PMO Manager (function) and Programme/Project Manager (day to day). You will be responsible for supporting the Programme Managers, Deputy Programme Managers, and Project Managers with the administration of their projects and work packages. You will also assist in the development, analysis and maintenance of related reporting data.
- Responsible for providing project administration support to assigned programmes, product groups and/or functional groups
- Work in accordance with published Project/Programme Management processes and guidelines
- Support the maintenance of project data in PM tools
- Production and maintenance of the required programme, product group, system, sub -system or equipment work package related reporting data.
- Analyse data, explain trends and highlight potential issues
- Provide supporting data to explain variances when required.
- Facilitate meetings and reviews when required.
- Develop reporting output from the project and work package risk registers.
- Manage the project Sharepoint Areas.
- Provide the resource related data for the Resource Council.
- Supporting the project through lifecycle reviews. Facilitating project meetings and risk reviews.
- Providing support with MS Project, Project Server and other PM tools
- Good understanding Cobham Lifecycle Management Processes
- Ability to analyse and present complex data, to accurately manipulate data and transfer it between applications.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- Drive, enthusiasm, initiative
- Methodical and organised, excellent time management skills
- An understanding of project planning, scheduling, estimation, tracking, status reporting, risk and configuration management
- Ability to pick up and learn new tools quickly then support others in their use
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous project management/administration experience
- Experience in the production of reporting data for projects.
- APM Introductory Certificate or PMI CAPM advantageous
- MS Excel & MS Project advanced level
- MS PowerPoint & MS SharePoint intermediate level
- Experience of an integrated Project Management System such as MS Project Server would be an advantage
Key Measures and Milestones:
- Project management data including schedules kept up to date
- Resource requirements accurately tracked
- Completing support tasks within the defined time frame to the prerequisite standard
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.