Job title: Project Manufacturing Engineer
Salary Range: £30.00 to £35.00 per hour
A Project Manufacturing Engineer is required with knowledge of Plastic Injection Moulding and New Product Introduction. Candidates with experience of the Automotive industry would be well received.
This company, a leading Tier 1 Automotive supplier based in Telford requires a forward-thinking Project Manufacturing Engineer with experience of Kanban, Poke Yoke and SMED for a new 6 month contract.
As a Project Manufacturing Engineer you will be required to:
- Support new project introduction (PDP) from RFQ in accordance with the PDP procedure
- Manage the technical inputs to the program.
- Ensure manufacturability of the design.
- Provide manufacturing concepts for RFQ and change control with cost and lead times.
- Obtain manufacturing equipment quotations - ensure all relevant procedures and documents are generated.
- Ensure all equipment is ordered as project requirements.
- Manage equipment suppliers for timely implementation. Escalate if programme slips.
- Initiating, developing and issuing the process FMEA - determine process critical and significant characteristics
- Responsible to have robust and secure processes set up and signed into Production and Quality functions.
- Ensure conformance to IATF1649 and ISO14001 procedures.
- All documentation placed into the Technical file. For example, Critical spares, TPM requirements.
- Responsible for New Product Introduction (NPI) and all associated assembly, equipment and cell layouts
The Project Manufacturing Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience of assembly methods
- Experience of test methods and SPC
- Experience of manufacturing equipment design
- Understanding of manufacturing logistics / Material flow / Product control
- Experience within a high volume manufacturing environment in Tier 2 automotive (minimum)
- Knowledge of specifications, procurement and handling capex budgets
- On Time and e-mail systems
- Initial introduction plan
- PDP training
- FMEA training
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of 8D problem solving to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Telford-based Automotive company will offer you £30.00 to £35.00 per hour.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of test methods and SPC and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Project Manufacturing Engineer role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147.