Transmission NVH Engineer - Nottingham, permanent - £excellent
A CAE/predictive NVH engineer is required to work for our client SMT, a consultancy based in Nottingham that specialises in CAE analysis and development of transmission systems primarily within automotive and powergen industries. Although well-established, they are experiencing international growth and thus require additional resource to support these projects. This role offers varied work and excellent career growth potential
- Minimum Degree qualified, or ideally Masters degree in mechanical engineering.
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of noise transmission theory; transfer paths, causes of noise, types of noise, effect of frequency on the human body, resonance, harmonics etc.
- Experience equivalent to at least 5 years on CAE analysis/simulation of noise, vibration and harshness in automotive transmission systems, (air-borne, whine, vibrations through structures and the effects of vibro-elastic damping) and their effects on user-experience and product durability/performance eg (wear, fatigue, strength, vibration, shift quality, service life, efficiency losses)
- Experienced on as wide a range of automotive transmission systems as possible; ideally two or more of the following; manual, automatic, CVT/IVT, DCT, AMT, EV/hybrid
- Good knowledge of gearbox analytical and experimental validation procedures
- Expert user of common NVH analysis software - Masta, Romax, LMS, Nastran, Optistruct and their application in transmissions or powertrain
- Must be fluent in English (written and oral)
- Capable of working efficiently as part of a small team to tight deadlines.
- Capable of leading a project element with support from more senior staff when necessary
- Some experience or knowledge of active vibration control systems or similar would be useful but not essential.
- Ideally the candidate will already be eligible to work in the UK without restriction; however should a candidate not be found, sponsorship may be considered for appropriate candidates. Applications are therefore encouraged from candidates requiring sponsorship
- NVH Target setting for different transmission systems.
- Understanding of NVH attribute subsystem target cascading.
- Working alongside with calibration engineers, establish transmission calibration procedures and to define NVH test platform.
- Conduct FE analysis and calculation on transmission components: housing, differentiate casing and shifting fork.
- Responsible for system dynamic model building including torsional dynamic fluctuation.
- Responsible for NVH design and optimization in transmission and Powertrain system design projects.
- Working closely with other engineers on Powertrain/component design, including: gear parameters, bearing preload and housing design.
- NVH troubleshooting support to UK centre and HQ.
- Provide support to vehicle package engineer to solve NVH problems during the package stage.
- Plan and implement NVH training projects to internal engineers.
- Understanding the basic performance of different components, assist with feasibility study and concept selection
- Conduct simulation and calculation work on Powertrain system and sub-system.
- You will receive an excellent basic salary commensurate with experience
- The role may from time to time attract non-contractual project bonuses
- Holiday pay starting at 23 days and rising with service
- Excellent promotional prospects
Please apply with current CV, details of notice period and eligibility (or otherwise) to work unrestricted in UK. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with further detail, however should you wish to discuss your application please contact 01384 397555
Closing date for applications 19th July 2018