5 months ago
Job title: Project Manager / Civil Engineer
As part of my client’s continued expansion, we are looking for a Project Manager with Civil Engineering experience to join their successful Belfast team and to become part of a team working on a variety of high-profile projects throughout the UK and beyond. The post will offer the successful applicant an interesting, challenging and varied workload as well as allowing them to develop personally and professionally, as both a Project Manager and Engineer.
You will be a core member of the team leading multi-disciplinary projects of varying sizes to a broad range of employers primarily within the infrastructure sector. Our projects are substantially based in Northern Ireland with opportunity to support my client’s portfolio in Great Britain and further afield.
You will report to the Director of Civil and Structural Engineering in Belfast and will work alongside internal and external design team members. You will be expected to work autonomously and as part of our project teams.
Ideally, you will be from a Civil Engineering background with Project Management experience and will have full membership of a recognised professional body, or will be working towards full membership (e.g. CEng / MAPM). You will have either a recognised qualification in Civil Engineering and Project Management or be able to demonstrate relevant competencies from a qualification in construction related engineering.
You will be able to demonstrate experience of how you have managed multi-disciplinary teams to deliver client’s requirements, managing effective professional and technical advice offered to programme, budget and the required quality standards. You will have extensive knowledge of working on construction projects with multiple stakeholders and will have working knowledge of various forms of construction contracts. It would be advantageous if you have accredited NEC3 or NEC4 Project Management status and/or have passed the Civil Engineering Law and Contract Management course.
Our relationships with our clients, advisors, internal and external design team members and contractors is critical to the success of our business. Accordingly, your ability to build relationships and to develop and maintain a collaborative team ethos amongst the parties to each project is crucial. Your experience will demonstrate that your personal and interpersonal skills are well developed in these areas and that you are already an effective communicator.
Reporting directly to a senior member of the team, you will: -
- Assist in the delivery of projects on time and to budget
- Exercise a degree of autonomy in decision making to achieve the team’s objectives
- Comply with quality management and technical excellence systems and project procedures
- Assist in the contract administration of projects
- Liaise with clients, architects, contractors, consultants, statutory authorities and utility companies
- Work as part of a larger team on major commissions, across our national teams
- Assist in the management of civil engineering design and delivery of projects
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Have a UK accredited degree (either BEng (Hons) or MEng) in Civil Engineering. Minimum grade 2:2
- Experience working in a civil engineering consultancy environment with project management experience, ideally working on infrastructure projects
- Chartered or approaching Chartered status with the Institution of Civil Engineers, Engineers Ireland or the Association of Project Managers
- Understand and interpret the scope of each project
- Plan and agree project deliverables
- Provide appropriate advice on the management of projects
- Manage procurement processes
- Programme management
- Risk and change management
- Responsibility for establishing capital budget parameters and cash flow of projects
- Administering industry standard contracts including the NEC3 and NEC4 suite of contracts
- Understand and implement quality management processes
- Using IT system to maximise services delivery
- Good attitude to health and safety practices within the workplace and design
- A strong commitment to knowledge acquisition and CPD
- Fully IT literate and proficient in the use of standard Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with clients, architects, contractors, other consultants (at all levels), statutory and public utility companies.
- Delivering work to set timescales and deadlines
- Experience of working on site either with a contractor or consultant
- Knowledge of Eurocodes, Specification for Highway Works, The Civil Engineering Specification for the water industry and their implementation.
- Suitability for UK security clearance
- Ability to use AutoCad
- Self-motivated to achieve the highest levels of excellence within the company
- An enthusiastic and professional approach to engineering problems
- Exhibit good interpersonal and communication skills
- An effective team player, organised, flexible and articulate
- Good time management, reliability and able to display initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members both internally and externally
- Possess attention to detail and the desire to deliver high quality output
- Ownership of the work done under your control
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Project Manager / Civil Engineer role, please contact Shannon Harling at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446168.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.