- Sector: Defence
- Function: Project & Programme Management
- Contact: Jade Whitmore
- Contact Email: Jade.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 00000
- Expiry Date: 04 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59024
Job title: Project Manager 12 month contract outside IR35
Salary Range: Up to £50 per hour outside IR35
We are currently recruiting a Project Manager with Nuclear experience to work for a leading client within the industry. This will initially be a 12 month contract outside IR35.
Candidates with SC Clearance will be very well received.
The Project Manager is responsible for the maximising contract value and GM, full P&L responsibility, stakeholder management, HSE, performance, overall management, risk management, resource planning, planning, procurement, execution of a project, ensuring a consistent approach to customer service.
This role is part of the Project Management Department of Booth Industries and is a client facing function. The Project Manager has to determine and fulfil the exact needs of the client, based on the requirements & knowledge of the organisation they are representing ensuring that the project is delivered on time, to budget ensuring all requirements are met.
The project manager is to be the first point of contact for any project related issues or discrepancies arising at working levels within BIL before it is escalated to higher authorities.
A project manager must maintain overall project progress, cross functional interaction and tasks of various parties to reduce the overall project risk, identify opportunities, maximises benefits, and minimise costs within the respective projects/ program/portfolio
- Full responsibility and accountability for P&L, financial and delivery performance of the project • Ensuring requirements are fully met
- Manage cross functional projects using a BIL project management framework with leadership and commitment, to ensure the project target goals are achieved • Collation and updating of Cost to Complete forecasts
- Identify commercial, technical, schedule and contractual changes on the project(s); assess the risks and effectively manage the change process to achieve project and in-turn the business targets • Have competent understanding and use of project management methods and tools: - Work Packages, Work Breakdown Structure etc. - MS Project, Primavera P6 or similar etc. • Manage sub-contract resources as required
- Generate an excellent working relationship with cross functional stakeholders, the board of management and the clients
- Support the department/ company in management activities: - Audit reviews - Department presentations etc.
- Support/ lead department strategic projects (if any)
- Identify commercial, technical, schedule and contractual changes on the project(s); assess the risks and effectively manage the change process to achieve project and in-turn the business targets
- Ensure that the appropriate project progress reports are generated in accordance to the client’s procedures and contractual requirements
- Coordinate and support internal/external workshops to achieve project goals
- Support the department by generating new or changing existing processes to make the department more efficient, by assisting the Projects Director to achieve on-going growth, development and profitability of the business
- Support and motivate project team members in challenging discussions • Archiving of documentation to an auditable standard
- Be prepared for National & International travel
- Support the department with departmental targets
- Be adaptable to the various internal procedures of the client and to form close links with the project representatives, to ensure cost, delivery, quality and above all, client satisfaction
- Work closely with the project support services, SHEQ Manager, Document Control and Quantity Surveyor, Review the progress of orders on a regular basis to ensure project targets are achieved and any difficulties or issues are highlighted and communicated to the relevant personnel at the earliest possibility
- Any other ad hoc duties as may be required and as are commensurate with the grade of the post
Experience and Qualifications required for the role:
- Formal Project Management qualification
- Degree or HND in Mechanical and Production Biased Engineering or Construction discipline
- Experience of dealing with clients operating in a highly regulated industry
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of Project Management
- Knowledge of Project Management techniques and tools
- Direct work experience in project management capacity
- Proven experience in strategic planning, risk & change management
- Knowledge of programme management
- Exposure to MOD/Nuclear/Rail related contract environment
- Proven experience in Project Managing a multi-million-pound NEC3 or similar
- Experience of NEC3 or similar contract types
- Proven experience in people management
- Proficient in programme software, primarily MS Project or P6
- High exposure to client interfaces & client management experience
- Experience using document portals / construction management platforms
- Health and Safety qualification
In return for your commitment, the company will offer you:
- Very competitive rate of around £50 per hour outside IR35
- 12 month initial contract
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Project Manager within Nuclear, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Project Manager vacancy, please contact Jade Whitmore at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.