- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Project & Programme Management
- Contact: Mark Bignell
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446167
- Expiry Date: 01 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59657
Project Manager – NPI
Competitive Plus Benefits (Negotiable)
Project, Management, NPI, Vehicle, Assembly, APQP, PPAP, Timing Plan, Manufacturing, Systems, NPD, Gateways, Budget
A Project Manager - NPI is required with knowledge of the leading and delivering new product from concept through to production managing all timing plans, budgets, and gateways ideally within an automotive assembly or trim & final environment. Candidates with experience in the managing projects into a low/medium volume automotive assembly environment would be well received.
Due to expansion and growth this company, an innovative organisation who build niche vehicles in South Wales are now setting up a facility in Dagenham and as such require a forward thinking and proactive Project Manager with a track record in managing new product introduction activities pulling together cross functional teams to ensure agreed plans and gateways are achieved for a new permanent role. As a Project Manager – NPI you will be required to:
- Run all NPD and NPI gateway process for multiple projects. Co-ordinate different contributing teams including product development, testing, purchasing, sales, marketing, QA, production engineering and manufacturing
- Design and implement best practice program management, tools and processes to support operational performance. Support and lead process improvement activities
- Lead new product projects from concept through to release into production
- Support strategic work to reduce costs and take cost out of the BOM to open new commercial opportunities.
- Support design verification and sign off of new product.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Support internal processes to include APQP, PPAP, etc
- Create the planning documentation for the business and the various departments.
- Monitor progress and completion of tasks across multiple departments. Where needed chase to ensure completion of overdue and at-risk tasks, working with departments to find solutions to any roadblocks. Exercise judgement to sign off completion of tasks.
- Project development strategy / plan & policy- establish the Development strategy and approach, resources strategy, cost management and amortisation strategy etc.
- Project Master schedule- plan and establish the project scheduling, action plan and tracking.
- Project Investment/budget - Establish Project investment plan and control
- Project Quality Management - Ensuring the LPDS gateways/milestones are followed, and deliverable requirements are met.
- Project Organisational planning and cross functional team deployment - Establish and review the project organisation chart, scope of works and resources planning.
- Project Risk Management report - Establish and conduct risk assessment plan, tracking and control / mitigation.
- Project performance report - Project status reporting to the management and follow up / follow through of the action plan during the development period.
As a Project Manager (NPI) you will have:
- Degree in Engineering or relevant management qualification
- Significant Project Management and/or general management experience in an automotive engineering environment.
- Proven leadership skills. Outgoing, confident and articulate. Strong work ethic, self-motivating, ability to lead and work as part of a team.
- Analytical and numeracy skills, strong problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Initiative and results/target focused
- A good understanding of project management for new product introduction and launch in an automotive environment
- Good understanding of customer expectations and deliverables with an awareness of the impact of failure/cost of poor quality
- An understanding of manufacturing processes
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of new product introduction, project leadership/management and problem solving within a vehicle build, trim & final or assembly arena and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Project Manager - NPI role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.