Project Manager - Kidderminster - Salary dependent on experience
A Project Manager is required for a leading defence organisation based in the Worcestershire area who manufacture niche, high value products for the Ministry of Defence.
The Project Manager will be accountable for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Definition, generation and execution of project plans according to business needs.
- Improving project value and project margin.
- Project reporting, both internally to the Business and externally to the Customer.
- Management, monitoring and motivation of cross-functional team members assigned to the project(s).
- Working closely with the customer to understand the business requirements for the project, developing effective working relationships and ongoing management processes for the project.
- Approval and/or authorisation of documents as defined in Approved Signatory or Delegated Authorities List.
- Health and Safety at Work Act compliance.
Qualifications and Experience required for the Project Manager:
- Previous knowledge of planning, managing and delivering production, development or technology projects involving small to medium batch manufacturing of discrete and complex products and sub-components.
- Project management background in engineering environment. Qualification requirements are degree level or equivalent (experience). Defence industry experience preferred.
- A sound commercial and financial understanding is required.
- Knowledge and experience of Project Management software tools such as Primavera or Microsoft Project is necessary.
- Good customer skills and an ability to work and communicate with people at all levels in the organisation.
- Prepared to travel within the UK and overseas as required.
- Ability to work in/with a multi-disciplined team.
- Knowledge of MoD and aerospace applications would be an advantage.
- Effective risk management (demonstrated experience of effective risk mitigation is more important than knowledge of a particular process).
Due to our client's activity and customer base, security clearances will be required. On this basis, applicants will need to be from a suitable nationality and background to be considered.
For further information on this exciting opportunity, please contact Sarah Davies.