5 months ago
Project Manager - High Performance Automotive
£Competitive plus benefits
A Project Manager is required to manage the successful delivery of designated high performance automotive customers and internal projects. Candidates with experience of delivering powertrain projects for automotive customers would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, an award-winning transmission technology specialist based in Thatcham requires a proactive Project Manager to provide product management and business development support. As a Project Manager you will be required to manage customer projects in a co-ordinated, focused, structured and well controlled manner, using the designated tools and processes including:
- Establish and maintain a Business Case for all projects
- Co-ordination of engineering and manufacturing involvement in customer projects
- Production and maintenance of Project plans
- Detailed monitoring of project progress, including:
- Cost – Management of cost and margins against established Business Case and ensure quotations, orders and invoicing is kept on schedule
- Quality - Project specification, ensuring what was ordered is delivered
- Timing – Ensuring project activities are completed in adherence to the project timing plan and customer schedules are achieved
- Progress reporting on the project to senior management
- Risk and Issue management
- Product cost control in coordination with Costing Engineer
- To establish, maintain and manage a strong working relationship with new and existing customers, at all levels
- To process and manage customer orders including leading customer communications
- To answer customer enquiries within specified business sector
- To provide quotations and proposals in a structured and timely manner
- To represent company at Sales or Technical Conference events e.g. Autosport, LCV Cenex etc
- To contribute to a sales plan for business sector / market place, on an annual basis.
The Project Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Ideally degree qualified in an engineering discipline
- Proven experience in a commercial and/or engineering role
- Strong customer management ability
- Preparation of proposals/quotes
- Ability to build strong working relationships – externally and internally
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with automotive project management experience to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Thatcham based transmission technology specialist will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Project Manager and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Project Manager role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.