Based in Brierley Hill, West Midlands. The company are a division of a larger group of companies whose core business includes design, manufacture, installation and commissioning of drying ovens, paint curing ovens and thermal oxidisers for continuous coil galvanising lines and continuous coil colour coating lines for steel and aluminium. The group of companies has established an excellent global reputation and supplies a full range of process line equipment worldwide.
Due to a sustained increase in workload we have created a brand-new job for a Project Engineer to handle the execution of our contracts from sales handover to final acceptance.
Requirements of the role
- Ensure each project is executed on time and on budget while at the same time meeting all contractual requirements.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office software, (particularly Outlook, Excel and Word).
- Excellent budget management skills.
- Ability to work to schedules.
- Good communication skills with an ability to meet deadlines and work with site supervisors.
- Liaise with sales department during contract handover
- Coordinate with mechanical and electrical design departments
- Liaise with suppliers on a technical level
- Issue of fabrication drawings for tender and negotiation of pricing with a worldwide supplier base
- Create, edit, review and carry out Risk Assessments, Method Statements and other project related documents
- Liaise with customers by email and telephone to keep customers updated with their project status
- Visit suppliers to ensure progress of orders is in accordance delivery schedule
- Visit customers on a regular basis during contract execution to review progress
- Organisation of equipment inspection
- Carrying out site surveys
- Liaise with shipping/transport company
- Arrange for site installation fitters, commissioning engineers and installation supervisors as necessary to satisfy the requirements of each contract
- Arrange for site team's accommodation, travel, visa's, work permits etc. as per site installation and commissioning program
- Arrange site materials, tools, tackle, hire vehicles and labour for contacts
- Ensure all payment milestones are achieved and Final Acceptance Certificate is obtained
- Proven track record handling small to medium sized projects with tight programmes within the heavy engineering industry.
- Management of projects where values will typically range from £100,000 to £2,000,000.
- Experience in the furnace, oven and thermal oxidiser industries and engineering qualifications would be a distinct advantage but are not essential
- Degree level education or equivalent qualifications or experience.
- Circa £35,000/year starting salary
- Company pension and employee benefits package
- Fully expensed travel allowance
- Excellent working culture and a family atmosphere
- Remote working available
As the company service a global market and use a network of overseas suppliers. This opportunity will require occasional overseas travel for periods of circa 5 days to meet with customers, suppliers and other companies within the associated group.
If you are an experienced and aspirational Project Manager with the relevant experience and would welcome a new challenge which comes with high levels of autonomy as part of a friendly and supportive working atmosphere whilst being attached to a brand with an excellent industry reputation then we would like to hear from you.
Please 'apply' now or for more details please contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121.