about 2 years ago
A Project Manager is required to join an established company with a strong reputation in the defence electronics sector. The successful candidate will be joining to project manage and lead manufacturing programmes, working closely with engineering, production and sales to ensure a consistent and continually improved product delivery.
Responsibilities of the Project Manager will include the following:
- Deliver projects within budget, on time and to agreed performance and quality targets and KPIs.
- Escalating and highlighting changes, risks and opportunities on programmes to relevant departments and identifying appropriate action plans.
- Continuous Improvement focus in driving down costs. Ensuring design to cost objectives are identified and achieved.
The Project Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualification in an engineering subject.
- It is essential applicants have experience in an electronics manufacturing background, preferably from a high integrity industry such as aerospace or defence.
- Proven financial and commercial awareness with an excellent understanding of costs and margins.
- Come from a lean manufacturing environment, implementing change programs for Continuous improvement.
- A good knowledge of project management software such as Primavera.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager with knowledge of electronics manufacturing to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Gloucester based company will offer you:
- Competitive salary package
- Competitive non-standard pension scheme
Interviews for the Project Manager will commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible. For further information on the Project Manager position please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446163.