Attractive + Benefits
Project Manager – Aerospace and Defence
Permanent – Devon – Attractive
A Project Manager is required to join an International aerospace and defence company with a solid background within electronic components for complex avionics systems. Project Managers with experience of working in the Aerospace and Defence sectors would be well received.
Due to this company’s continued success, a leading manufacturer of complex aerospace and defence safety systems based in the Devon area requires a proactive and dynamic Project Manager for a new permanent role where experience of strict standards and regulations is a must.
The Project Manager will join the Engineering Department to participate in the management, execution, and delivery of engineering activities, relating to the generation of a new range of products for use in industrial and avionic applications.
As the Project Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Contribute directly to product development activities.
- Ensuring that project development activities are co-ordinated efficiently.
- Undertake direct management and reporting of key projects.
- Ensure that product activities are completed within project budget and time frame.
- Produce and review resource forecasts and manage any resource requirements.
- Manage product development projects.
- Ensure compliance with the NPI (New Product Introduction) process.
- Ensure engagement/communication with all relevant internal/external stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate product development activities through a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
- Hands on contribution to all elements of the engineering life-cycle.
- Identify and implement process and productivity improvements.
- Assist in the generation and review of bids and proposals.
- Work with the Engineering Management Team to ensure targets are met.
The Project Manager should have the following Qualifications Skills or Experience:
- HND or Degree in Electronics, Software, Systems, Physics, or a related discipline.
- Proven Project Management experience is essential.
- Qualification to PRINCE2, APMP or PMP is advantageous.
- A demonstrable record of product delivery in a multi-discipline engineering environment.
- Proven practising engineer in a chosen engineering discipline.
- Experience of working in a design environment within military or aerospace.
- Experience of product development activity would be advantageous.
- Understanding of sensor interface, embedded computing, and user interface design.
- Software development life-cycle management to DO-178 is advantageous.
- An excellent communicator and be able to operate effectively at all levels.
- Experience with requirements capture, design, implementation, and verification.
- Knowledge of qualification, compliance, and support activities.
- Knowledge of electronic product certification to EMC and Environmental Standards.
- Ability to work independently using initiative and innovation to solve technical problems.
- Willingness for occasional UK and International travel.
- Willingness to accept responsibility and accountability.
- Honest and realistic in reporting project quality, cost, and schedule.
- Excellent project management, engineering life-cycle and organisational skills.
- Enthusiastic, confident, self-motivated, flexible, and determined to succeed.
- Comfortable with customer interaction.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience of Project Management within complex electronics and or avionics systems and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Project Manager role, please contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 4461102 or send suitable CV’s firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.