3 months ago
Job Title: Project Manager
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Project Manager to work for our client at their facility in Devon, the role is an exciting new opportunity to work customer facing and be responsible for delivery of assigned project on time, to specification and within budget.
Projects run from order placement or contract signature through design, procurement, manufacture, delivery, installation and commissioning up to and including customer handover. Reporting to the Projects Department Manager this role is office-based in Devon but includes regular business travel to customer and supplier locations worldwide. On this basis, the post holder is required to live within daily commutable distance of Newton Abbot. Start date will be subject to completion of satisfactory pre-employment screening.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Being part of a dynamic multi-disciplined project team.
- Monitor project progress to ensure delivery against the time and budget requirements.
- Regular communication with the client by email, phone and in person.
- Contract review and understanding to ensure compliance.
- Project Planning using Microsoft Project.
- Controlling the project budget and scope by working with other departments.
- Actively managing our Clients’ commercial and technical risks.
- Identifying variations to contract and to negotiate, agree and implement the variation.
- Apply professional and consistent project management best practice processes, and methods/tools to support the business aims.
- Participation with Sales colleagues in customer meetings, development of tenders and commercial proposals.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in project management, preferably in large design and construction projects, where possible with experience of power generation equipment.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Experience in a customer-facing role, especially with customers from different countries and cultures.
- Well organised and effective at prioritising tasks.
- Excellent communicator and negotiator.
- Able to bring people together, lead and influence others to achieve the common goals.
- IT literate in the use of Microsoft Office in particular Outlook, Word, Excel, Project.
- Holder of Current Driving Licence valid in the UK and a Passport valid for travel
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Contract Law experience.
- Experience of working with balance of plant supply.
- Experience of working on power generation equipment.
- A second European Language.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.