£30 - 40 per hour
3 months ago
Project Manager – Cost Reduction
Up to £40.00 per hour (Inside IR35)
Stafford (WFH Flex)
We are recruiting for 2x Project Managers to join a Cost Reduction Team at a global OEM in Stafford.
The Project Manager will have responsibility for leading and implementing a number of key projects to deliver cost reduction objectives on our clients engines.
It will also include working on the feasibility of projects, identifying opportunities for cost reduction, generating business cases and leading cost reduction projects through to implementation.
These projects will cover a variety of different areas including design, supplier resourcing, process changes and any other changes impacting cost.
The roles will involve close working with in particular the Engineering, Purchasing and Supply Chain teams as well as other internal functions and external suppliers.
Given the broad scope of the position, many types of skills and experiences are desirable. The candidate must be an experienced Project Manager with strong experience in implementing cost reduction projects on a complex manufactured products.
The successful candidate should possess or have experience of the following: -
- Experience of engine manufacturing or automotive would be desired.
- Previous experience in either Engineering, Manufacturing or Purchasing.
- Candidate would be ideally degree qualified in Engineering and / or have strong Engineering experience.
- Experience in 6 Sigma.
- Must have strong business / commercial and analytical skills.
- Good human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
- Strong communication, planning and organisational skills are highly desired.
Please contact James Tilley for more details
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.