- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Project & Programme Management
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 04 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59371
Project Manager - Cost Reduction
Rate up to £40 per hour
12 month contract
We are recruiting a Project Manager to join the Cost Reduction Team. This will join the existing team of 3 Project Managers working on cost reduction projects reporting to the Material Cost Manager. This role will involve leadership of multidisciplinary teams working on material cost reduction on the 4000 and 5000 series engines made in Stafford UK and Aurangabad India. The Project Manager will have responsibility for leading and implementing a number of key projects to deliver our cost reduction objectives.
JOB R E L A T ED S T AT I S T I C S :
The Project Manager will lead multiple projects. Exact number will vary depending on the nature and scope of individual projects.
JOB D UT I ES:
The Project Manager will lead a number of high value cost reduction projects. It will also include working on the feasibility of projects, identifying opportunities for cost reduction, generating business cases and leading cost reduction projects through to implementation. These projects will cover a variety of different areas including design, supplier resourcing, process changes and any other changes impacting cost. The roles will involve close working with in particular the Engineering, Purchasing and Supply Chain teams as well as other internal functions and external suppliers.
Given the broad scope of the position, many types of skills and experiences are desirable. The candidate must be an experienced Project Manager with strong experience in implementing cost reduction projects on a complex manufactured products. The successful candidate
should possess or have experience of the following: -
- Experience of engine manufacturing or automotive would be desired.
- Previous experience in either Engineering, Manufacturing or Purchasing
- Candidate would be ideally degree qualified in Engineering and / or have strong Engineering experience.
- Experience in 6 Sigma
- Must have strong business / commercial and analytical sk ills.
- Good human relations skills are required to develop a co operative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
- Strong communication, planning and organisational skills are highly desired
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.