about 2 months ago
Project Manager (Contract)
Competitive Contract Rates
Duration – 6 Months
Project, Manager, JIRA, Delivery, Gateways, Development, Innovation, Performance, Leadership, Test Plans, Build, APQP, PPAP
Do you want to work for one of the markets most innovative organisations supply technical products and solutions into the automotive arena? We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to help drive forward the delivery of key projects within the advanced technology sector across the UK.
Due to our continued growth and project demand, our client is looking for a Project Manager to deliver a number of strategic projects driving timing plans, gateways, to ensure there is no project slippage. Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will be responsible for providing the bridge between the customer and internal engineering teams for the delivery of highly technical systems for both EV and Autonomous vehicles. As a Project Manager you will be charged with:
- Acting as the prime driver of all aspects of the project to ensure gateways and timing plans are achieved pulling together cross functional teams resolving any deliver issues that occur
- Generating realistic, achievable project plans using MS Project and driving these through to completion
- Ensuring design and project best practices are followed; identifying any gaps and developing processes to ensure plans are maintained through the project life cycle
- Working closely with key stakeholders to ensure regular review of project status implementing action plans to address any slippage during the delivery phase
- Facilitating discussions with key members of suppliers on timing, APQP, PPAP and delivery requirements
- Providing updates to management on the state of projects and developing action plans to resolve issues
- Motivating and driving internal teams by setting goals and direction.
This is a challenging and exciting role for a forward thinking and hands on Project Manager who has led and delivered projects within the automotive arena who can demonstrate the following characteristics and experience:
- Proven experience working in the automotive industry within project management
- A demonstrated track record of delivering innovation projects within an electrical, electronics and/or advanced technology arena
- Experience managing customers both technically and commercially to ensure delivery, and quality are clear at all times
- Good awareness of best practice development processes, requirements, and expectations
- Experienced in the use of JIRA, MS Project and practical project/risk management techniques
- Instinctive problem-solving skills coupled with a sound analytical approach
- A 'self-starter' attitude with energy and enthusiasm, with the ability to thrive in a small business environment
- A flexible approach to work
- Ability to work under pressure whilst managing conflicting demands against tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, practiced in negotiation and presentations
- Experience of working within a Tier 1 environment is preferred
Applications will be welcomed from Project Professionals with a practical approach to leading projects/programmes in the automotive, motorsport, EV and/or product development arena. Interest in the Project Manager position is expected to be high so if you have a proven track record of delivering technical projects from concept through all prototype stages and into production, please contact Mark Bignell on 01384 446167 to discuss further or email email@example.com .
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.