Project Engineer / Manager- Automotive
Staffordshire to £50k plus benefits
As a result of a number of new projects we are looking to recruit a Project Engineer / Manager who will assume responsibility for the delivery of projects from the quotation phase through to project completion.
Working for this global automotive group the successful candidate will fulfil the role of Project Manager for technically Automotive projects on sports cars and niche vehicle suppliers as well electric vehicle manufactures. You will provide local project management support for primarily UK-based customers, although some projects may also involve overseas travel. You will report to the Programme Manager and work closely with colleagues from within this organisation around the World.
What you will receive:
- Working for a dynamic and ambitious company with a modern working environment and lots of training opportunities.
- Good location with travel opportunities but not excessive.
- Salary plus private Medical Insurance , Life Insurance, Company Pension scheme, discount schemes.
What you will do:
- Supporting the preparation of project quotations, preparing and maintaining project plans and schedules.
- Change evaluation and management.
- Reporting project status to Programme Management.
- Managing internal and external stakeholders on a technical level
- Liaising with customers. Ensuring deliverables satisfy agreed requirements and meet customer expectations
- Coordinating, monitoring and prioritising activities of the project team.
- Ensuring that the different project phases are completed to schedule and to budget.
- Appropriately qualified or experienced in a relevant engineering and/or management discipline.
- Previous experience in a position involving leadership or supervision, ideally within the automotive sector.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills.
- Some knowledge of relevant engineering standards & manufacturing processes for both prototypes and low/medium volume production.
- Ability to analyse, learn and deal with situations quickly and effectively.
- Willingness for some travel within the UK and worldwide.
For more information or to apply, please contact Gemma Skidmore of Jonathan Lee Recruitment