Project Manager (Apps/Infotainment) - 34834 - up to £22.51/hr - Vehicle Engineering
The Connected Technologies and Apps department has developed an innovative web application platform comprising an on-vehicle HTML5 framework and off-board server providing content and security. We are looking for a technical project manager to deliver new features from concept through to commercial launch.
The Apps Project Manager - Connected Infotainment, is responsible for all deliverables in regard to the connected Infotainment development and delivery. This is primarily a project manager role, but good technical knowledge is required to manage the delivery. Specifically:
- Overall ownership end-to-end of new feature delivery
- Understand, managing and tracking the technical challenges and risks
- Day to day project management ensuring deliveries are on schedule
- Dependency Management, Risk Mitigation and Defect Management
- Ensures project documents (e.g. design and unit test specs) are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
- Liaising internally with feature owners to ensure dependencies for Connected Infotainment are available on time
3 KEY SKILLS
- Proven project management capability, demonstrable by recent successful delivery.
- Excellent communications skills, demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels,
- Experience working in mobile apps or web technology delivery
- Hands-on experience managing supplier facing projects
- Ability to be flexible, follow tight deadlines, independently organize and prioritise work
- Ability and availability to travel to supplier sites for face to face meetings, interacting with all levels in an organisation including executive management
- Ability to maintain composure, solve practical problems and successfully manage a variety of changing situations under stress and against tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Degree in Computer science, related Electrical/Electronic Engineering subjects, business management or equivalent
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.