- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Project & Programme Management
- Contact: Matt Johnson
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384446116
- Expiry Date: 05 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59285
Job title: Project Manager Automotive
Salary Range: £45,000 to £55,000 per annum plus benefits
Hours: 37.5-hour week
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
A permanent role for a worldwide engineering/manufacturing organisation .
Our client has more than 60 years of experience in their filed and is a leading manufacturer of flexible printed circuit connectors, flat foil & cable connectors, and electrical busbar & wire elements, for automotive heating and lighting applications
A Project Manager is required with experience in managing large high end customer projects from intake of process design, operation, implementation and integration of products delivering ontime.
Candidates with experience of managing customer projects within the automotive manufacturing sector will be well received.
Due to new client projects and product range this Birmingham client requires a dynamic, leading customer focused Project Manager on a permanent basis. As a Project Manager, you will be required to:
- Lead the management of designated projects, delivering agreed objectives including revenue, timing and deliverables.
- Taking a project from conception to completion.
- Being open and transparent, willing to support other team members and able to work in a small team environment.
- Establish, maintain and manage strong working relationships with customers at appropriate levels
- Act as primary point of contact to the customer related to the project
- Ensure that any relationship threatening decisions, whether technical, operational, commercial or affecting programme delivery are communicated
- Achieving programme deliverables
- Project cost and timing
- Progress reporting (internal & external)
- Risk Management and Mitigation
- Follow the business process to realise programme delivery and identify areas of improvement
- Identify areas of change to work scope and control via change management
The Process Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Typically 10+ years of project management experience managing multiple programmes simultaneously.
- Degree level qualified in Management or preferably Engineering subject
- Proven track record of personally leading programme delivery
- Setting up full development plans from concept to production, and the associated gateways and kpi trackers.
- Maintenance of timing and cost plans
- Understanding of product development processes and the adaptability for size of project.
- Experience in managing the customer
- Experienced with Microsoft Office
- Microsoft project as a minimum
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Manager. In return for your experience, this Birmingham based manufacturer will offer you:
- Permanent Contract
- 37.5 hour working week
- £45,000 - £55,000 DOE
- International travel
- Pension - contributions from company are defined in the scheme:
- 3% of base salary for first twelve months
- 4% of my salary for second twelve months
- 5% thereafter
- Holidays - 22 days
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of project managing within an engineering environment and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Project Manager role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.