Competitive Plus Benefits
Project Manager – NPI
Competitive Plus Benefits (Negotiable)
Location: South Wales
Project, Management, NPI, Vehicle, Assembly, APQP, PPAP, Timing Plan, Manufacturing, Systems, NPD, Gateways, Budget
A Project Manager - NPI is required with knowledge of the leading and delivering new product from concept through to production managing all timing plans, budgets, and gateways ideally within an automotive assembly or trim & final environment. Candidates with experience in the managing projects into a low/medium volume automotive assembly environment would be well received.
Due to expansion and growth this company, an innovative organisation who build niche vehicles in South Wales requires a forward thinking and proactive Project Manager with a track record in managing new product introduction activities pulling together cross functional teams to ensure agreed plans and gateways are achieved for a new permanent role. As a Project Manager – NPI you will be required to:
- Run all NPD and NPI gateway process for multiple projects. Co-ordinate different contributing teams including product development, testing, purchasing, sales, marketing, QA, production engineering and manufacturing
- Design and implement best practice program management, tools and processes to support operational performance. Support and lead process improvement activities
- Prepare timing plans for projects, ranging from new product programs to small engineering changes. Communicate initiation of projects and secure agreement on deadlines for activities with the responsible departments. Co-ordinate business sign off at key gates
- Lead new product projects from concept through to release into production
- Support strategic work to reduce costs and take cost out of the BOM to open new commercial opportunities.
- Support design verification and sign off of new product.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Support internal processes to include APQP, PPAP, etc
- Create the planning documentation for the business and the various departments.
- Monitor progress and completion of tasks across multiple departments. Where needed chase to ensure completion of overdue and at-risk tasks, working with departments to find solutions to any road blocks. Exercise judgement to sign off completion of tasks.
- Provide status updates & KPIs on projects to the business with action plans where required.
- Manage all project documentation including access and revision control.
- Lead post-launch reviews and lessons learned. Ensure lessons are incorporated into future projects.
As a Project manager (NPI) you will have:
- Professional accreditation with an industry related body would be advantageous
- Analytical and numeracy skills, strong problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Initiative and results/target focused
- A good understanding of project management for new product introduction and launch in an automotive environment
- Good understanding of customer expectations and deliverables with an awareness of the impact of failure/cost of poor quality
- An understanding of manufacturing processes
- Have an appreciation of wider business demands
- Strong PC skills
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, providing input and feedback in a helpful manner
- Be numerate and have good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and ability to work under pressure and prioritize own workload as required
- Uphold an upbeat “can do” attitude with outgoing personality to motivate and lead teams
- Proactive and positive approach, with a desire to succeed both personally and for the business
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of new product introduction within the automotive arena especially from a vehicle build or trim & final seeking to develop your career. In return for your experience, this South Wales based automotive company will offer you:
- Competitive plus Benefits (Negotiable)
- Career progression and development within a forward thinking and expanding organsiation in a niche arena
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of new product introduction, project leadership/management and problem solving within a vehicle build, trim & final or assembly arena and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Project Manager - NPI role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.