Position - Project Manager
Experience - Special purpose/bespoke machine build, Automation, Product Development/NPI, (not capital plant/large scale industrial machinery)
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to join our business located in the Manchester area. You will Project manage delivery of the next generation of v5 Metal Detection technology product family via Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
Key responsibility of the Project Manager:
- Ensures that projects are managed utilising the Project Management Competencies of Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Risk, Resource Planning, Communications, and procurement to successfully complete project deliverable as planned.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of assigned project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and cost parameters.
- Identify resource constraints between projects and works with business leadership to propose and implement project changes based on priorities and critical path.
- Implement a portfolio-wide planning mechanism to drive improved resource utilisation
- Develop task level project plans and empower teams to succeed by showing clear ownership and driving accountability of tasks.
- Responsible for milestone review and post-launch project review content and timing, as per the PLM process.
- Maintains communication with leadership team, ensuring awareness of potential roadblocks, risks or challenges and proposing solutions.
- Maintain and communicate PLM project performance metrics, setting and maintaining high expectations.
Education and/or qualifications (essential and desirable)
- HND / HNC, or similar, in a technical related subject (essential)
- Degree qualified in an engineering based background (desirable)
- Formal Project Management qualification e.g. PRINCE, or other such recognised methodology (essential)
- Project management of multiple faceted NPDI activities within an actual design and manufacturing environment
- MS Office - Advanced User
- Management of multiple NPDI projects throughout complete product lifecycle
- Able to quickly gain credibility and respect across all departments and levels
- Persuasive, influential with the ability to communicate at all levels of a business
- Results focused, self-motivated, "hands on", logical and analytical.
If you feel you have the right level of experience and skills for this Project Manager vacancy please email your updated CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant and Jonathan Lee Recruitment.