about 1 month ago
To £35,000 p.a. Company vehicle and fuel card
Mixture of office in Maidstone and onsite base.
Project Manager to support the Division with installation of automatic fire suppression systems to current British Standards. These systems are produced to inhouse designs. To ensure timely and cost-efficient project delivery, working with customers and clients to deliver all projects to a high quality and customer focussed result. Candidates with experience in Project Management and Fire Suppression would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this client, a UK market leader that specialises in access and safety, electrical services, specialist building access and fire solutions based in Maidstone, requires a Project Manager who is able to work on their own initiative and able to solve technical problems and value engineering solutions that have positive impacts on a project. Building good client relationships and ensuring smooth handovers of projects. Good communication skills and influencing styles.
Must be flexible and able to drive with a full valid UK driving licence.
As a Project Manager you will be required to:
- To take overall responsibility for technical and financial aspects of a contract, including contract variations, pre-commissioning, final inspection and completion certificates
- To carry out site inspections, toolbox talks, ordering materials etc
- Attending site and contract meetings professionally representing the client where necessary
- Monitoring all aspects of project progress to ensure that they comply with current quality and Health and Safety requirements
- Producing Method Statements and Risk Assessments and complete with OandM Manuals
- Liaison with the client, third parties and management to ensure all labour, tools, equipment and accesses are available as/when required
- Briefing clients and our site personnel on working requirements and processes, including monitoring the performance of site personnel
- Carrying out a financial assessment at the end of each month with team members to establish value of work in progress and costs to complete
- Proactively communicating to senior management any issues that may adversely affect the project delivery.
- Proactively manage and take ownership for any problems, solving and suggesting alternatives and agreeing the reframing of timescales
The Project Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Knowledge of BSEN 12845, BS9251:2014 and BS9990:2015
- Good knowledge of Wet and Dry Riser engineering
- Able to demonstrate previous successful project management within a fire sprinkler installation
- Ability to communicate well and influence others, problem solving skills
- Excellent IT skills including Excel and PowerPoint
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience as a Project Manager in Fire Suppression to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Maidstone based company will offer you:
Up to £35,000 p.a.
Company Vehicle and Fuel Card
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Project Manager within the specific areas and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Project Manager role, please contact Melissa Self at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 07398036503
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.