£40k - 45k per year
about 2 months ago
Role: Project Manager
Location: Rye, East Sussex
Salary: £40,000-£45,000 p/a
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Project Manager to support are client at their facility in Rye, the role will be involved in Manage and execute complex projects in accordance to the company standards and procedures.
The role will also be involved in Coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope, and overseeing all aspects of projects and serve as one point of contact for all project issues.
Involved in setting deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project.
Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project and working in conjunction with engineering administrator to manage allocation of required labour.
- Planning and overseeing projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget and to all relevant standards.
- Plan and designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep stakeholders informed the entire way in line with the company’s goals and vision.
- Managing project administration, including all documentation.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Directing internal/external engineering and design resources to produce delivery on schedule and on budget monitoring progress and performance
- To select & negotiate with external contractors and suppliers to obtain services and equipment to agreed standards and within budget.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Lead the Project engineering activities such as design, equipment selection, installation and Qualification, utilities planning, etc.
- Lead Weekly project team meetings and action items follow up.
- Will also involve maintaining compliance with relevant HSE procedures and legislation to assist in maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that accidents or near misses are reported in line with Company Procedure.
- Engineering background. (Electrical/Mechanical/Chemical)
- Extensive Engineering and Project Management experience in chemical and/or related industries
- Engineering requirements of the COMAH regulations
- Proven working experience in project management.
- Computer literate
- SAP knowledge
- Knowledge of the Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate.
- High levels of numeracy, literacy and experience with computer-based word processing and spreadsheet programmes
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.