A Senior Project Leader with experience of managing multiple automation projects from design through to commissioning is required for a Birmingham Based systems integrator.
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Salary £50,000 - £55,000
The role of Senior Project Leader includes the following:
- Manage the entire project life-cycle responsible for setting costs, time-frames and the purchasing of all components needed for the project.
- Work with operations team to coordinate the design, build and commissioning plan.
- Liaise with design department to ensure customers specifications are adhered to from the outset and that designs are created with consideration to manufacturability, maintenance, health and safety and CE compliance.
- Maintain customer engagement throughout the various milestones of the project and escalate any changes which may affect project delivery.
- Work closely with software and controls department to ensure the sequencing and function of machines is in line with the client specification.
- Work from a bill of material to order parts for entire project including items such as robots, sensors, vision systems, plc's and motion controllers.
- Maintain all documentation aligned to project such as customer specification, designs, engineering change, CE compliance and bill of material etc.
- Take responsibility for commissioning and handover to the customer.
- The typical automation systems include pick and place, inspection, AGV's, assembly and conveyors, supporting industries such as automotive, general engineering, automated warehousing etc
The suitable candidate will need to possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Experienced Senior Project Manager responsible for the delivery of automated production equipment from design through to commissioning.
- Experienced with bespoke automation projects such as robotic pick and place, assembly, warehouse automation systems such as conveyors and AGV's (Automated Guided Vehicles)
- Design experience using AutoCAD, Inventor or Solidworks is highly desirable.
- PRINCE2 Project management certification.
- Experience with PLC programming, HMI's safety PLC's and electrical or mechanical assembly is highly advantageous.
- Technical qualification in mechanical engineering or electrical engineering is desirable.
- Happy to travel as required. Some European travelling may be necessary.
If you have the required skills and experience then please click on the link to apply, The closing date for applications is Friday 5th October 2018