£Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
5 months ago
Project Manager (Innovation)
£Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
Project, Manager, Delivery, Gateways, Development, Innovation, Performance, Leadership, APQP, PPAP anager,
Do you want to work for one of the markets most innovative organisations supply technical products and solutions into the automotive arena? We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to help grow the product range and support the delivery of strategic projects within the advanced technology sector across the UK.
Due to our continued growth, our are looking for a Project Manager to join the team to take responsibility for developing and driving project plans for multiple customers through to completion. Reporting to our Head of Project Management, you will be responsible for providing the bridge between the customer and internal engineering teams for our high performance components and systems. As a Project Manager you will be charged with:
- Acting as the prime technical and project interface to key customers
- Generating realistic, achievable project plans using MS Project and driving these through to completion
- Ensuring design and project best practices are followed; identifying any gaps and developing processes as the company grows
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to ensure successful project delivery
- Facilitating discussions with key members of suppliers on timing costs, APQP, PPAP and delivery requirements
- Working with the Sales Team to realise technical opportunities with developing customers
- Providing updates to management on the state of projects and developing action plans to resolve issues
- Ensuring that development, procurement, assembly, and delivery meet project timings
- Motivating and driving internal teams by setting goals and direction.
This is a challenging and exciting role for a forward thinking and hands on Project Manager who has led and delivered projects within the automotive arena who can demonstrate the following characteristics and experience:
- Proven experience working in the automotive industry within project management
- A demonstrated track record of engineering ability in an electrical or mechanical discipline
- A proven track record of successful project delivery
- Experience managing OEM customers both technically and commercially to ensure costs, delivery, and quality are clear at all times
- Good awareness of best practice development processes, requirements, and expectations
- Experienced in the use of MS Project and practical project/risk management techniques
- Instinctive problem-solving skills coupled with a sound analytical approach
- A 'self-starter' attitude with energy and enthusiasm, with the ability to thrive in a small business environment
- A flexible approach to work
- Ability to work under pressure whilst managing conflicting demands against tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, practiced in negotiation and presentations
- Experience of working within a Tier 1 environment is preferred
Applications will be welcomed from Project Professionals with a practical approach to leading projects/programmes in the automotive, motorsport, EV and/or product development arena. Interest in the Project Manager position is expected to be high so if you have a proven track record of delivering technical projects from concept through all prototype stages and into production, please contact Mark Bignell on 01384 446167 to discuss further or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.