5 months ago
Project Manager - Rail - Manchester - Permanent - Competitive Salary
A Project Manager is required with a proven background of operating within an engineering / manufacturing environment. Candidates with an aerospace, automotive or Oil & Gas background would be well received but is not essential.
Due to the continued success of this company, a service provider for wheel & axle machining and wheelset & gearbox overhaul capabilities with bogie overhaul & wheelset trading activities based in the Manchester and Doncaster areas requires a motivated and trans formational Project Manager with a strong technical background within mechanical engineering for a new permanent role.
***NOTE*** We welcome aspiring Project Managers as the business has an excellent support mechanism to guide and mentor candidates who are willing to learn and enhance their career
As the Commercial Manager you will be required to:
- Provide technical project management and co-ordination to multi-discipline engineering teams, to include current and NPI projects
- Deliver the technical solutions in line with LUR's compliance and requirements, costings and schedule
- Drive resolution of cross discipline technical issues within the engineering teams
- Cost and schedule responsibility for project related engineering activities
- Report out at the weekly/monthly project review board
- Support the business to create and maintain development plans and schedules
- Act as the primary day to day project focal point to the customer
- Support proposal activity for new projects in line with the business's strategies
- Application of process and efficiency improvements within projects
The Commercial Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline or experienced operating in manufacturing/engineering environment
- Has proven effective project Engineer and Management related responsibilities
- Development experience with engineered/manufactured products (manufacturing processes, validation, verification, qualification and test)
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, planning, commercial and financial management skills Experience with resource allocation, planning and training
- Identifying project risks, developing and implementing mitigation plans
- Confident in providing technical briefs to internal/external customers and senior personnel in the company
- Ideally a background operating within the Rail sector but not essential
- Ability to explain complex concepts and issues to a non-technical audience
- A proficient and confident presenter
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon whereby alternative methods will be utilised given the current circumstances. If you have experience of operating within a manufacturing or engineering environment and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Project Manager role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.