£70k per year + benefits package
over 1 year ago
Job Title: Project Manager
Salary Range: £45,000 - £70,000
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Industry: Subsea & Advanced Technology
Jonathan Lee Recruitment has engaged with a key client and a leading advanced technology manufacturer based in Aberdeen. With a global presence my client specialises within Defence, Offshore Renewable Energy, Oil & Gas industry markets. Due to an increase in new business and projects we are recruiting for a Project Manager on a permanent basis.
As the Project Manager You will manage client-facing Development projects from concept through to delivery and after sales.
Project Management responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and complete projects on time within budget and within scope
- Agree project deliverables and timescales with the client
- Identify resources, plan tasks, milestones and risks
- Monitor and manage progress of tasks towards achieving project goals.
- Prepare reports for the senior management team.
- Liaise with the Engineering and R&D managers to resource the project.
The successful candidate will work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other internal departments and partners to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible.
Candidates require a bachelor's degree in a technical, Engineering or other applicable discipline, along with experience of managing projects through product development and manufacturing.
Familiarity with concepts in Software, Electrical/Hardware and Mechanical Engineering in a product development environment is also essential, as is experience transferring projects from development into Manufacturing.
- Assist in the business development/Sales function definition of project, objectives and system architecture, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility - from small engineered-to-order projects to large scale customer programmes
- Oversee and support Engineering and Project Management estimates, response to project
RFP’s and bid proposals
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors/subcontractors
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Ensure resource availability and allocation matches project needs
- Develop detailed project plans and schedules against which to monitor and track progress
- Collaborate with Engineering/R&D leaders to direct project team (System Architects, Software Developers, Electronic & Mechanical Engineers) to achieve project deliverables
- Work with Engineering/R&D leaders to identify skills gaps and address through hiring, training, outsourcing, etc
- Manage resource allocation to company targets for capacity and utilization
- Manage changes to the project lifecycle scope, schedule and costs to maintain budget and on time delivery
- Measure project performance using appropriate metrics
- Report and escalate to senior leadership team as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize the impact of project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors/subcontractors
- Implement and maintain best-in-class project management tools and processes
- Report progress via regular client meetings
- Delegate project tasks based on team members’ individual strengths, skills and experience
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Proven working experience in Project Management with Software, Hardware and Mechanical integration requirements
- Experience in transferring projects from Development into Production
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project Management Qualification, such as PMP, PRINCE II, Scrum Master or Agile Coach
- Product Development background in a hands-on role (Software/Hardware/Mechanical Engineering)
- Background knowledge of communication system products
- Background knowledge of digital systems for Subsea applications
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban, SAFE) and tools
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Share Options Scheme
- 33 days holidays per year (inclusive of public holidays)
Demand for this role will undoubtably be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Projects within Energy, Oil & Gas or Subsea and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Project Engineer role, please contract Daniel Warby at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.