Project Manager - Digital Engineering
A Project Manager is required to lead a number of agreed projects that form part of an overall portfolio of projects that support the delivery of the programmes objectives. Candidates with experience of product development activities within the automotive industry would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this organisation, created to enhance the UK's engineering capability, based in London, requires a proactive Project Manager to drive the creation and adoption of digital technology and science across the UK automotive sector. As a Project Manager you will be required to:
- Drive the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Work as an intrinsic part of the team to identify appropriate project consortium constituents and engage in project maturation
- Secure resource availability and commitment
- Develop and lead the delivery of a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manage the relationship with the project lead organisation, consortium members and all stakeholders to progress the project in a timely fashion
- Track project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis
The Project Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in an engineering or technological discipline
- Proven Project/Programme management experience, preferably within the engineering, technology or manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of the Automotive sector
- Excellent industry-facing and internal communication skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is advantageous
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with project management experience within an automotive product development environment to develop your career. In return for your experience, this London based organisation will offer you:
- Long Term Contract
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Project Manager and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Project Manager role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.