An experienced Project Manager from Engineering / Manufacturing is required to join a companies European Global Programme Management team. The team consists of project planning professionals and project managers working across 50+ projects. The team has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join the team working within a fast-paced environment, co-located with the project team in the Peterborough offices.
JOB PURPOSE: To lead the allocated project(s) to ensure the projects are delivered on time, to cost and quality. To develop relationships with the key team members in order to motivate and drive the project forward. Ensuring timely reports are produced to communicate project progress and potential issues to the Senior Leadership Team.
This position requires a college or university degree, or equivalent experience within the project management field.
- Extensive job-related experience as a project manager.
- Must have very strong leadership and interpersonal skills including excellent communication skills.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of project management software (MS Project experience essential); MS Office, including Excel (complex formulas, linking multiple worksheets, pivot tables, graphs), PowerPoint, Word.
- Must have proven risk management experience.
- Experience of project and organisational accounting systems (e.g. MFG-Pro; SAP).
- Professional training in leading and facilitating meetings is highly desirable.
- Previous experience directing the work of others is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Agile-based approaches to project management duties would be advantageous.
- Project resource loading/portfolio resource management and project/portfolio cost management experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of company policies and processes, and company products and customers are highly desirable.
- Previous experience working with the government's UK Research Innovation (Innovate UK, APC, EPSRC, etc.) would be desirable but not essential.
- PMP, Prince 2, or equivalent qualification is highly desired.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.