Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Stoke on Trent
Salary: £50,000 per year
We are currently recruiting for an experienced project manager to work at our client's head office in Stoke, the role will require the successful candidate to lead all project activity on a major contract, from design through to delivery, installation and commissioning.
Duties to include but not be exclusive to:
- Project management of cross functional teams, both internally and externally, to ensure contractual deadlines are met.
- Preparation and upkeep of effective project plans, so that programme dependencies are understood, critical mile stones are identified and programme risks mitigated, to ensure deliveries on time and to cost.
- Rigorously manage the contract, so that a robust process is implemented for the timely management of variation orders, to immediately capture and agree any increased costs, arising from contract changes.
- Implementation of effective Risk Management meetings, working across all functions, so that critical path activities are visible, priorities are understood and the risk of incurring liquidated damages is minimised.
- Identify and assess applications for payment across the scheme, working to the clients pre-defined contractual dates.
- Maintaining a detailed programme milestone payment / action schedule, so that business priorities can be tailored to minimise risk of payment slippages, or to capitalise on opportunities to bring payments forward.
- Attending Customer and Sub Tier contractor meetings to provide regular Project updates and identify joint risks / opportunities which need to be actioned.
- Preparation of a monthly management report incorporating Key Performance Indicators associated with on time delivery, milestone payments, costs, risks and others to be agreed.
- Implementation of an effective, regular Project Review meeting, to provide an open forum for the discussion and resolution of Project issues and blockers.
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering / Project Management degree.
- PRINCE 2 / Association of Project Management practitioner.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a substantive Project Engineer role.
- Strong Commercial awareness
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Rob Johnson on 01384 446 160 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.