- Sector: Transport & Future Mobility
- Function: Maintenance and facilities
- Contact: Grant Nisbet
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446115
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58294
Midlands or South West based
A leading manufacturer of performance fluid transfer systems are interested in speaking with Project Managers available for a short term contract opportunity. This is a cross-functional role within the Commercial department working closely with the Sales Manager; being responsible for the management, co-ordination and delivery of OEM customer projects from RFQ to Job 1+90.
Working with a customer base that includes Automotive, Defence, Motorsport and Motorbikes you will be required to understand customer needs and actively engage, enable and promote company products and solutions to the highest standard across the portfolio of customers.
Key responsibilities in this Project Manager role will include;
- Support the OEM team in maximising the opportunity, turnover and profitability of new and existing OEM customer accounts.
- Instigate, manage and co-ordinate the planning and completion of OE projects from initial RFQ through to the supply of prototype and production parts to Job 1 plus 90 days.
- Manage, communicate and support new RFQ requests with the appropriate internal teams, communicating and coordinating project information to the relevant internal resources and compiling all necessary information for presentation to Commercial.
- Instigate and support completion of the 'Cost Analysis Sheet' to ensure successful RFQ completion.
- Act as the contact for OE Client-facing Project Management topics, including presentation of timing plans and other project deliverables.
- Lead and co-ordinate customer change management requests, ensure changing OE customer requirements/ expectations are recorded and administered correctly via formal sales and project management tools and processes (i.e. in accordance with IATF, APQP, etc).
- Ensure project risks are communicated and escalated effectively.
- Ensure technical competence with the ability to interpret, understand and discuss customers technical requirements.
- Drive, establish and maintain strong business relationships with new prospects and existing customers.
- Meet and exceed all required targets relating but not limited to RFQ conversion and project delivery.
- Manage, track and ensure achievement of project quality, cost and delivery targets.
- Provide feedback of market insights/ intelligence to business stakeholders.
It is anticipated that the successful Project Manager will offer a successful track record of managing/growing business opportunities whilst covering customer projects on time and within budget - within an OEM manufacturing / engineering environment. You will have excellent communication and organisational skills and a strong understanding of project management techniques and sales processes.
If keen to learn more please contract Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org
This role will sit Inside IR35
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.