Project Manager - Permanent - Attractive - West Midlands - Defence/Aerospace/Automotive
A Project Manager is required within a Safety Critical Systems Technology Company that provides research and test services to the automotive, defence, aerospace and rail sectors.
The successful Project Manager will join a specialised team in this sector and will be involved with advanced engineering, test and validation capabilities to the customers' challenging programmes.
The successful Project Manager will report to the Function Leader and will have Direct Report responsibilities but should provide leadership, within a project as required.
The Project Manager will manage and lead the delivery of projects ensuring projects achieve project performance contributing to successful project outcomes for the overall project. The Project Manager within larger projects that are allocated to you will lead junior PM's so that they can develop, and actively contribute to the project success.
Responsibilities for the Project Manager
- Able to manage project to deliver project objectives as efficiently as possible
- Work with Project Technical Lead to identify and secure the necessary support from resource
- Provide non-technical representation and present project status as required
- Initiate and Chair project internal / external meetings as appropriate
- Apply and actively contribute to Project Capability and processes
- Support and positively influence others who have project management responsibilities
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the Programme Management
Person Profile and Skill Set for the Project Manager
- Project Management experience and experience of Leading Project teams
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering or technical field (APMP Desirable)
- Ability to Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Good computer skills within MSOffice (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and MSProject
- Experience of project delivery in a dynamic cross industry engineering business
- Experience of Project Management of collaborative research projects
- Have good interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate into a team working environment
- Be methodical and well organised; paying attention to detail and following processes
- Identify process improvements / solutions where needs exist and implement solutions
- Have a willingness to identify and action / escalate problems
- A full driving licence is required for this role
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Project Manager, then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on either 01384 446102 or email suitable MS Word Format CV's to