An Engineering Project Manager is required to join an engineering organisation based in Croydon.
The Project Manager will support the Head of Programme Management and a Chief Engineer in the control of multiple projects, including collaborations with partners and projects with grant funding (EU Horizon 2020, InnovateUK).
Key requirements of the role are to ensure successful outcomes to time and budget constraints, to work with internal groups to plan resource and timing requirements, and to report on progress to the Board and grant funding bodies.
A familiarity with Agile and Prince2 project management processes or similar is essential.
Key elements of the role will be:
* Co-ordination of groups within the company, and in some cases of external parties, to deliver project efforts in accordance with the project plan
* Monitoring and reporting on progress, including preparation of work-package reports and quarterly reports for collaborative projects
* Risk awareness and mitigation; reviewing and adjusting the project plan
* Financial reporting and control
* Chairing project meetings, issuing minutes and pursuing actions
We are seeking candidates with a suitable engineering or technical background, and with experience of managing a range of projects.
A knowledge of Agile and Prince2 or similar project management methodology is required. Candidates should ideally have knowledge of MS Office software, and good knowledge of MS Project (; a basic understanding of Sharepoint MS project intergration would be usful. Evidence of the following skills or knowledge would be beneficial
* Management of concurrent £100k - £1m projects
* Functional requirements documentation control
* Proposing and planning of a number of projects
* Control of delivery timescales
* Team building and management
* Risk analysis and management
* Presentation and communication skills
* An understanding of engineering of thermodynamic machines (engines, power devices, refrigeration) would be desirable
* Understanding of engineering drawings and bill of materials.
* Procurement of prototype parts.
Salary is up to £50k + Bens.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with a unique product.