6 months ago
Title: Project Management Office Coordinator
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
Contract Position based at: Whitley
This role will manage and deliver projects and any interdependencies in support of specific powertrain business strategies. This role will require stakeholder management with PD, Finance, Operations and Business planning functions.
It will involve the monitoring of specific Programme and Launch deliverables and resolution / management of any risks that are identified using a standard review process. The purpose for this role is to deliver specific projects on time, cost and quality. These key objectives are to be achieved by identifying potential obstacles and to work cross-functionally to mitigate / remove those issues.
- Proven experience on new product introduction in a Manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to interface cross functionally and manage complex stakeholder relationships. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven Project / Programme Management Experience
- Experience of managing the installation, commissioning and launch of manufacturing facilities.
- Good understanding of technical and financial issues for Powertrain Engineering and JLR.
- Highly motivated and able to lead under own initiative
- An understanding of the total manufacturing programme cycle from concept to launch.
- Experience of delivering or managing Manufacturing Facilities from Concept to Launch
- Computer skills (Microsoft packages)
- Ability to understand technical issues and summarise them for senior forums
- Working understanding of SAP financial system
- Experience of presenting complex issues to senior management.
- Recognised appropriate Project Management methodology (APMP / Prince2)
- Experience with Change Management processes
- Proven ability to manage significant risks and issues
- An understanding of Powertrain manufacturing concepts and strategies.
- Good knowledge of PCDS / APQP/WERS/AIMS and their relationship to Product Design.
- Lean manufacturing knowledge and some experience in implementing new manufacturing processes
- Understanding of JLR safety systems and experience of implementing safe manufacturing facilities
Relevant Manufacturing or Engineering Degree
This position is deemed INSIDE IR35
Flexible regarding work location - Role will be based at Whitley, but travel to other sites to support installation and launch activities will be required.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.