£Comp + Bens
about 1 month ago
Our client is a global supplier of wiring harnesses, instruments and components. Due to their continuing growth and close working relationship with some of the largest global automotive OEM's, they are seeking a Project Leader to support critical project deliveries to their client, Ford Motor Company.
Based from their South East (UK) operation and having direct interaction with Ford in the UK, Germany and Turkey, the Project Leader will work closely with the EDS (Electrical Distribution Systems) internal engineering and manufacturing departments to ensure accurate communication, delivery on time and to cost as well as managing the relationship with the customer through continuous and high-level interaction.
Specific activities of the role include:
- Lead the program engineering deliverables
- Lead engineering design interface to customer for EDS and EDS related components
- Define detailed project release timing and ensure compatibility with overall project timing plan
- Lead and coordinate resolution of engineering issues for assigned programs
- Ensure timely response to customer on technical issues and engineering design, test and sign-off deliverables
- Collate, review and store customer program definition documents (e.g., PDL, TIB) and assess impacts on design
- Prepare engineering project status information and present at internal and customer project reviews
- Lead engineering design team to ensure high quality EDS designs are released on time for assigned programs
- Change Management - control of additional changes (STA's) required for specific build phases
- Interface with the harness manufacturing plant to ensure correct incorporation of changes
- Ensure that new components (carryover but new for project) lists are made available for up-front ordering for build phases
- Oversee new developed components lists and ensure design and manufacturing teams are informed of status
- Ensure samples of new developed components are available to manufacturing plant
- Plan and co-ordinate Design Reviews at manufacturing plant
- Ensure that the design complies to the Design for Manufacture guidelines
- Conduct regular Project Team Meeting (with Meeting Minutes)
- Support agreement of technical parts of SOW with suppliers and customer
- Provide manufacturing plant with planned quantities for Pre-production phases (TT, PP, MP1)
- Ensure team support of pre-production vehicle builds at customer locations and track EDS design issues to completion
To support this role, you will have:
- Experience in project leadership
- Experience in leading teams of people
- Extensive experience in the design and development of automotive wiring harnesses
- Proven ability to lead a development team from both a technical and line management perspective
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated and excellent team-player
- Flexible, adaptable, proactive, diplomatic attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This role will be primarily based at the client's site in Essex however some travel to other European sites will be required. Exceptional communication is required along with a strength in managing and delivering key projects, interfacing directly with the customer.
If you feel you have the experience and interest to work within this organisation which is focused on product innovation, then please contact Matt Heath on 01384 446187 or Paul Branton on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.