Contract Lead Project Engineer - Aylesbury
We have a requirement for a Lead Project Engineer for an initial 6 month contract based near Aylesbury for a World Leading Engineering Services company working with an Aerospace company who design and are involved with the whole life-cycle of electrical power generation and distribution systems for the aerospace industry.
The Lead Project Engineer will lead an engineering development project (such as Product development project, System design and verification work package) and be responsible for technical and process compliance, all costs, adherence to agreed program and project milestones throughout the project life cycle.
The Lead Project Engineer will be involved with:
- Leading a multidisciplinary team of engineers across engineering disciplines appropriate to the program.
- Responsible for the technical definition of the System / Product
- Responsible for the Project Management and reporting
- Manage definition of Statements Of Work (SoWs) for sub-contract work
- Ensure traceability and compliance with Airworthiness, Internal and customer requirements
- Delivering project(s) to budget and schedule
- Provision of status reporting and updates to both internal/external stakeholders
- Ensure Product / System configuration is managed and maintained (e.g. permits / concessions / PRs etc.)
- Manage risk and associated mitigation activities
- Compiling and collating documentation for Safety of Flight / Certification
Your professional experience and qualifications:
- A Degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience / combined education
- Experience of the Verification & Validation (V&V) development cycle
- An understanding of product development process including the interfaces between engineering disciplines, and between Engineering and other teams such as Test Equipment, Operations, Business Development, etc.
- Planning & risk mitigation ability
- Delegation & supervision ability
- An understanding of product design and development costs (Non-Recurring Costs)
- Must be able to Lead people both onsite and offsite
- Competent with MS Office etc
- Comfortable with presenting to internal/external stakeholders
- Must be organised and have excellent time & project management skills
- An understanding of Airworthiness requirements & Certification process
- Experience of working with Engineering service suppliers, e.g. defining Statements of Work and approving deliverables.
- Negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye at or call 01384446192.