Project Engineering Lead - Contract & Permanent
Edinburgh - Aerospace & Defence
A Project Engineering Lead or Technical Programme Manager is required to join the team within a market leading, innovative engineering solutions company that specialise in safety critical and high technology environments.
The Project Engineering Lead will lead the engineering activities on their projects that are primarily military products and equipment.
The Project Engineering Lead - Key Responsibilities
- Lead Engineering activities of a multi-discipline engineering team.
- Deliver Engineering Solutions on time to cost and performance.
- Own and manage design compliance against requirements.
- Provide Engineering Support to Operations.
- Management of Engineering Risk and Opportunity.
- Define and implement Cost reduction opportunities.
- Define and maintain engineering estimates, plans and schedules.
- Support project manager with monthly status / progress reports.
- Provide primary interface and support to Sales and Marketing Team.
- Conduct off-site support to trials activities.
Technical Skills and Experience required for The Project Engineering Lead
- Hons Degree in an Engineering Discipline or related Aerospace/Engineering subjects.
- Well-rounded engineering experiences in all phases of the lifecycle across several projects.
- Knowledge of Programmes and preferably in several engineering domains.
- Prior experience in a Team Leader or Principal Engineer Role.
- Experience of customer/ supplier relations and working within Project teams (IPT's)
- Good interpersonal skills and able to communicate well with engineering team.
- Able to lead, encourage and share experience and knowledge with all other engineers.
- Able to liaise with Operations, Procurement, QA and Programme Management.
- Able to communicate and with Customer and multiple suppliers.
- Able to influence and drive change within the team.
- A broad experience of Design experience, preferably in products for military applications.
- Experience of the application & management of a design lifecycle.
- Experience in negotiating and writing requirements specifications.
- Experience in communicating directly with customers both internal and external.
**Security Clearance will be required for this role and therefore only applications from candidates able to obtain or already hold this will be considered**
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Project Engineering Lead, please contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on my direct line 01384446102 or email suitable CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.