An experienced Project Engineer (Traction Battery) is required to join an automotive OEM based in Gaydon.
Work on the first home grown traction battery programme for its PHEV and BEV vehicles and follow up all prototype BOM / budget activities.
- Plan and budget quantity of proto parts to be used by customer teams (test teams / vehicle teams / calibration teams)
- Maintain prototype BOM with engineering team and cascade to build team
- Ensure all documentation / deliverables necessary to start build are in place
- Actively manage:
- a) prototype parts delivery
- b) proto build issue
- c) proto tests issues
- Setup KPIs to track above activities and highlight issues and escalate those in the right forums
- Attend and lead meetings to resolve issues related to above activities / actively propose solution or gather proper stake holders to get issues resolved
- BOM management
- Prototyping activity management with cross function teams: engineering / build team / test teams / programme teams
- Budget management experience
- Mechanical / Electrical engineering experience
- Able to work with cross functional teams and drive people to deliver
- Worked on a large scale programme in the automotive world (such as gearbox / engine / vehicle programme)
- Able to animate and lead meetings with stakeholders to sort issues
- Good synthesis mindset in order to gather / track / report information
Knowledge of traction battery
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.