Special Purpose Machinery
A Project Engineer is required with experience of capital plant or equipment project delivery. Candidates with experience of international CAPEX projects delivery would be well received.
Due to increased workload this company, a leading producer of synthetic materials based in Ascot requires a proactive Project Engineer with demonstrable experience of breaking down and resolving challenging technical problems for a new permanent role. Reporting to the Head of Special Projects, you will be part of a team tasked to design, construct and commission a new facility in the United States. As a Project Engineer you will be required to:
- Oversee the design and specification of a new look synthesis system, improving on existing designs
- Test & Commission the first off units from two separate suppliers
- Project manage the procurement and installation of equipment into a new purpose-built facility
- Develop technical understanding of existing systems (and process)
- Source suppliers and manage design development of prototype units in the U.K. and the U.S.
- Develop and control capital equipment project estimates and budgets
- Outline commissioning plans and criteria with a view to outsourcing / handing over to the local engineering team
- Supplier engagement and supply chain management of system procurement program
- Engage with the Building Construction team to ensure seamless installation and co-ordination of services
The Project Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering or related technical discipline
- Managing external resources: design, OEM, construction
- Project Planning, Stakeholder Reporting, Risk Management, good project management behaviours
- The role will involve significant international travel
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of CAPEX projects to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Ascot based synthetic materials company will offer you:
- Pension, Life Assurance and PMI
- An opportunity to gain insight into a large industrial project and career growth opportunity
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of CAPEX delivery projects and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Project Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.