Coventry, West Midlands
11 months ago
An experienced Project Engineer (Seating) is required to join an automotive manufacturer based in Coventry or Redditch.
To work within the seating development team to design, develop and validate seating products for JIT manufacture, and to continually improve seats in current production, to improve performance and eliminate in-service product concerns.
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
To participate in a project, within a team to own and deliver the engineering of best in class premium automotive seating for the products we develop for our customers. The role will include the creation of technical specifications or targets, and the design of components and assemblies to meet the technical requirements. The achievement of engineering deliverables within the program timing constraints is essential.
- Work with the Engineering Manager to design and develop seating projects meeting customer expectations
- Work within the various engineering functions to deliver the design, DFMEA, analysis, validation, tolerance analysis, drawing creation and dimensioning and system integration of seating systems.
- Define product technical requirements in terms of function, safety, durability and appearance.
- Good PC skills - Excel/Word and Powerpoint.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Project Engineer skills from within automotive
- Appreciation of CAD systems
- Strong conceptual design capability
- Able to think of innovative solutions to design challenges
- HNC / HND or equivalent
- Bachelor or Masters in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering or a similar relevant subject
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.