SCOPE OF THE POSITION
To design automotive seating system components to ensure compliance to customer and industry standards.
Reports to the Project Manager and/or Lead Engineer, and is responsible for:-
- Technical Design and conformity to package and customer specifications.
- Drawing Release with 'freeze' against each Programme build milestone.
- DFMEA creation and update and release against the milestones.
- All design changes post initial prototype tool release to use Change Management Process. PLM system.
- Maximum 10 day turn-around of PLM to solve testing related issues / concerns .
- Medium and short term CAD resource management, ensuring CAD Designers workload / priorities match those of the Programme Timeline and Customer Releases.
- Support Plant issues when proven root cause is base design (not quality / process)
- Customer liaison and reporting of project technical issues and potential resolutions.
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Engineering Degree or equivalent (or relevant experience)
- Excel / Word/Powerpoint
- To be able to read, check and correct detail Drawings - Practical application of GD&T
- Detailed seating (seat structures and seat complete) engineering knowledge
- M/soft Project
- DFMEA - Qualified to 'User level'
- Automotive Seating experience
- Problem Solving skills
- VE/VA techniques (cost pareto etc)
- Understanding of CAD systems (NX and Catia)
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.