An experienced Project Engineer is required to join an automotive manufacturer based in Coventry.
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
To design automotive seating system components to ensure compliance to customer and industry standards.
Reports to the Project Manager and/or Lead Engineer, and is responsible for:-
- Technical Design and conformity to package and customer specifications.
- Drawing Release with ‘freeze’ against each Programme build milestone.
- DFMEA creation and update and release against the milestones.
- All design changes post initial prototype tool release to use Change Management Process. PLM system.
- Maximum 10 day turn-around of PLM to solve testing related issues / concerns .
- Medium and short term CAD resource management, ensuring CAD Designers workload / priorities match those of the Programme Timeline and Customer Releases.
- Support Plant issues when proven root cause is base design (not quality / process)
- Customer liaison and reporting of project technical issues and potential resolutions.
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Engineering Degree or equivalent (or relevant experience)
- Excel / Word/Powerpoint
- To be able to read, check and correct detail Drawings – Practical application of GD&T
- Detailed seating (seat structures and seat complete) engineering knowledge
- M/soft Project
- DFMEA – Qualified to ‘User level’
- Automotive Seating experience
- Problem Solving skills
- VE/VA techniques (cost pareto etc)
- Understanding of CAD systems (NX and Catia)
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.